Sunday, April 24, 2011

Instant Analog

There are some tough techniques to pull of well in analog photography. Long exposures, double exposures, double flashes with gels. You can sometimes test these with a digital camera, but to be 100% honest, your Holga or Diana will never act like your DSLR. They are super unpredictable and weird. My trick for taking less shots and getting the outcome I want? I test with my Diana’s instant film back.


Long exposure:


img095


Double exposure:


img097


Instant results. So, each pack has 10 frames of instant film. Sometimes I just like to take neat little photos. But sometimes, I use it to test an idea before I put in 120 film. For example:


Instant film test image:


img111


Film printed image from negative:


img013 clean


It’s my analog answer to instant gratification.


For more info on the Diana Instant Back, check out an older post here.


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment