Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Diana Polaroid/Instant Back

Remember all those cool attachments I said you could get for a Diana camera?  Well, one of them is a Polaroid back.  We bought one from Urban Outfitters, but they’re also available at freestyle.  Since Polaroid film is out of business, these actually use Fuji Instax Mini film.

576

These are pretty fun little pictures.  They can do all the weird things that the Diana can, including double exposures and long exposures.  However, they’re teeny tiny little prints (about 2x3 inches).  I think they’re cute as hell, but not good for anything other than just fun.  I scan mine into film strips.  All of these were taken either in Santa Barbara or Mt. Shasta and I had a ton of fun.  I’ve just ordered more film from freestyle, so expect to see more in the future.

003 001 002

Hint: Click through to open the picture in a new page.  It’ll be easier to see each little photo.  The first pictures on the 2nd and 3rd strips are double exposure and the fourth on the 3rd strip is long exposure (and my favorite!)  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment