Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It’s like Christmas day

Just received a shipment today from both Freestyle and Amazon, and went on a little shopping mission in Weed/Mt Shasta.  I have a whole lot of new goodies I intend on playing with.  No fancy tutorials this post, just possibly a preview of what’s to come and maybe an awesome shopping tip!

All the loot (including very special packing peanuts you saw in my last project/post)

IMG_1794

All kinds of yummy film and paper

IMG_1796

IMG_1797 IMG_1803

Some empty film canisters, a matchbook and random hardware store stuff… I know it’s weird, I promise this will make sense later.

IMG_1798 

Not that you can tell in this picture, but a spare body cap and spare cover for the back of a lens cap.  Again, this will be interesting in a future post as well.

 IMG_1801

Liquid Light, which is a liquid emulsion.  Another sneak peak.

 IMG_1802 

And the shopping steal for the day, which anyone in or around Weed, CA can benefit from…

IMG_1800

This lot of Kodak film (8 rolls total) cost me $4.  That’s right, 50 cents a roll.  Well, one reason may be that I got it from a thrift store and it expired in 2003, but they’ve reported back good results despite its expiration and this film is great for playing around with since a lot of the stuff on this blog is experimental anyway.  The thrift store is located on the main street in Weed across from the bowling alley and still has a ton of the stuff.

Well, you might be able to guess some stuff for the future – while others might be a mystery, but I think I’m going to be having a lot of fun in the future.  Will post tutorials and explanations as soon as I have results.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment