Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Want a Fisheye Lens?

But don’t want to pay a lot for it?  Try a fisheye adaptor.  I have one for my Holga, and I wanted to see what else it could do.

Hmmm…

What if I hold it up to my DSLR lens?

IMG_7787

That’s kind neat… but I think the lens is too big and the attachment is too small.  The fall off of the focus is rather nifty, and it all looks nice and low tech.  Maybe I’d rather make an adapter using one of those door peep holes…  Or make this a permanent adapter… I’m just not falling in love yet.

What else?

IMG_7784

We might be on to something here.  The fisheye lens fits right up close with the lens of the camera without the attachment sleeve getting in the way.

IMG_7792

There we go!

IMG_6422

Now lets see if I can hold this thing without putting my fingers in the frame.

IMG_6421

Maybe we should use a piece or two of electrical tape instead.

IMG_6426

This is fun.  Let’s see if we can buy more of these.

IMG_6427

Between Freestyle, Urban Outfitters, Photojojo and the Lomography Store, I’ll never be bored again.

Shasta Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment